ePortfolio access for non-training doctors
If you are in a non-training post e.g. LAS, Clinical Fellowship, Associate Specialist, Trust Grade or Trust appointed MTI doctor you can apply to access the ePortfolio. This will only be applicable if you are doing a physician specialty.
You will need to complete the online application form and pay an annual fee of £169. Once your application form has been received, you will be sent an invoice for payment. Please Note: Access will be granted from the day of payment. Posts cannot be backdated prior to 2 weeks of payment.
If you require any further information, please contact our support team on 0203 075 1249 or email@example.com. Please also take the time to read the guidance policy before you complete the form.
Data Protection Statement
All personal information held by the Joint Royal Colleges of Physicians Training Board will be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. Data collected via the-Portfolio will be shared with the Federation and used for any reasonable activity in delivering services associated with the ePortfolio, specialist registration, certification, and training. Data will also be used for monitoring, research, statistical analysis, verification of qualifications and prevention of fraudulent activity.
Any data collected may be exchanged between the departments of the Federation, approved external partners (including the GMC, relevant regional and national training bodies), postgraduate medical deans and their staff (Deaneries/LETBs or their local equivalent for international candidates), relevant Royal College officers, representatives and staff, educational supervisors, specialist and trainee societies and employing authorities; for the above purposes. For full details see our fair processing statement here.
You have a right to access your personal data and rectify any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you. For further information about the above or your rights contact ePortfolioteam@jrcptb.org.uk
By submitting this form you give permission for your personal details to be made available to a third party(ies) as required for the purposes of monitoring, assessing and certifying my experience in medical specialties. You also confirm that all details given on this form are truthful and accurate
Policy guidance for non-training doctor’s access to ePortfolio
This document outlines the rules and policy for JRCPTB giving ePortfolio access to doctors who are in non-training posts. Please note that doctors in non-training posts are not mandated to use the ePortfolio.
Rules for non-training doctors and Trust-appointed International Medical Graduates:
- ePortfolio access for non-training doctors and Trust-appointed International Medical Graduates can only be provided by the JRCPTB ePortfolioteam@jrcptb.org.uk ePortfolio access cannot be given by the deanery, postgraduate centre or trust administrators.
- Only non-training doctors and Trust-appointed International Medical Graduates in a physician specialty will be granted access to the JRCPTB Physician ePortfolio. JRCPTB does not provide ePortfolio access to Foundation level and specialties other than Physician specialties.
- Access will only be granted once the application and fee has been received by the JRCPTB.
- Access is set up in blocks of 1 year. A new application form will need to be submitted for each New Year of ePortfolio access.
- Only electronic application forms will be accepted. Please download the application form and type in your details and send the completed form to email address firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not send handwritten applications or paper copies as these will be rejected.
- Access to the ePortfolio will be granted from the date a completed application with payment is received. Post start dates will not be back dated. Incomplete application forms will be rejected.
- Applicants must clearly mark their applications as core or specialty level. Failure to do so will mean your application is rejected pending further information.
- No access will be given to non-trainee doctors with post duration less than 3 months.
- Applicants must be UK based. No access will be granted to anyone based overseas or taking time out to train overseas if they are not in a GMC approved training programme.
- All post/supervisor updates will be done by the JRCPTB ePortfolio team. Please email ePortfolioteam@jrcptb.org.uk for the updates to be made
- JRCPTB has the right to lock and deactivate any non-training accounts where the year’s ePortfolio access hasn’t been registered and fees paid with the JRCPTB.
- No reductions to the annual fee will be given even if ePortfolio is not fully utilised for the full 12 months.
- Refunds will only be granted if a written request is received by the JRCPTB ePortfolio team within 30 days of getting ePortfolio access, any later than 30 days refund will be refused.
- The fees are subject to increase on an annual review basis.
Rules for International Medical Graduates – Royal College of Physicians Scheme
- MTI doctors who are confirmed they are part of the Royal College of Physicians of London and the Royal College of Physician of Edinburgh scheme will give given ePortfolio access as part of their registration with the relevant College.
- To get ePortfolio access you will need to contact the RCPL International Department email@example.com. For RCPE S.McGlynn@rcpe.ac.uk or N.Premdas@rcpe.ac.uk who will confirm you are on this scheme and then access to the ePortfolio will be provided.